If you are considering purchasing hardwood floors to install your self or by a hardwood flooring contractor you may want to know all of the great reasons to do so. Even though there are many good reasons to get this gorgeous flooring here are just a few of the best hardwood floor tips.
1. Hardwood flooring can and do last a lifetime. It’s not unheard of to have hardwood floors that has lasted for a hundred years or longer. Floors will not need to be substituted and in the long run will save you a great deal of cash. This is a good selling point if you install a hardwood floor in the house you have today. Buyers are always interested in the durability of the floors in houses they are looking at to purchase and are impressed with hardwood.
2. When installing hardwood flooring you have many different choices of woods and many manufacturers. You can use different forests in different rooms or create it the same throughout the home. Producers include: Mannington, Kahrs, Shaw, Columbia, Mohawk, Bruce, etc.. Then you’ve prefinished, finished and unfinished, natural and various grades of hardwoods.
3. Engineered hardwood floor installation is strong and strong; it’s the most durable floors in the marketplace today. Many bridges have been constructed with wood and are still maintained today.
4. Trees provide hardwood needless to say and each tree is unique. This makes each floor pattern unique and nobody will have exactly the same flooring as you.
5. Hardwood is warm and your floors will feel hot and completely insulated; you can walk in your bare feet and they’ll feel hot to the touch.
6. You’ll have a wide range of colours to choose from. From pale colors such as white walnut to darker colours like cherry.
7. If you or anyone in your family suffers from dust, dander or dust mite allergies, installing hardwoods can help lessen the possibility of suffering from carpeting that harbors germs such as bacteria, dust and creatures.
8. Whether installing the floors or boards yourself or employing a hardwood floor contractor, hardwoods are easy to work with and also to install.
9. Hardwood floors are easy to care for, easy to clean and simple to protect. If damaged they may be sanded and refinished easy to get rid of any scratches, nicks or gouges.